Law of Trade Associations
Association law plays a role for us not only in an advisory capacity to known trade associations. It is also significant in the critical analysis of the work conducted by associations against unfair business practices and consumer protection organizations. As former in-house counsel for a publishers association, our partner Dr. Arthur Waldenberger has acquired special knowledge of the inner workings of associations.
Over the past years we provided, e.g., advisory services to trade associations in the following fields:
- Establishment of trade associations
- Draft of complex Articles of Association, in some instances in conjunction with restructuring of the association
- Preparation and legal assistance with regard to annual general meetings
- Establishment of commercial activities while maintaining the non-profit status of the association
- Legal advice related to focusing an association magazine on new target groups (non-members)